Amazon announced a new batch of products and updates to their existing product lines.
Here are some of Amazon’s announcements:
A home assistant robot called Astro
- It can help with home security monitoring, act as a mobile device, and more.
- It has a 10-inch touchscreen that can show a “face,”
- it scoots around your house on wheels.
- You can request an invite to buy it as part of Amazon’s Day 1 Edition program
Echo Show 15 and Echo Glow
- Echo Show 15
- Their Biggest Display yet
- 15.6-inch, 1080p HD display
- Meant to hang on a wall
- Designed to be a shared hub for families
- Facial recognition, so it knows who is in front of it for personalized recommendations, reminders, and more
- Available later this year at $249
- Echo Glow
- Videoconferencing device designed for kids
- Eight-inch display to see friends or family members
- Touch-sensitive tabletop projector gadget that can be used to play games, read books, and make art.
- Will have content from Disney, Nickelodeon, Mattel, and Sesame Workshop
- You can apply to the early access program, and if you’re selected, you can buy it for $250.
- When it is released to a wider audience, it will cost $300.
- A new Fitbit-like fitness band with a color AMOLED display
- $79.99 and comes with a full year of a Halo subscription membership and it will start shipping “in time for the holidays.”
Disney coming to Alexa And Alexa To Disney
- Amazon and Disney announced a new voice assistant called “Hey Disney,” which is built on Alexa.
- Offers a lot of Disney-themed Alexa experiences
- Will also be available in Walt Disney World Resort hotel rooms
- The “Hey Disney” assistant is “expected next year,” though it’s a paid skill unless you are staying at one of the resorts.
Smart Home and Security Updates
Amazon announced several updates to their home automation and security products.
- Smart Thermostat
- Works with Alexa in partnership with Honeywell Home
- $50 – can be pre-ordered now
- Last year, Amazon revealed the Always Home Cam, which puts a Ring camera on a drone.
- If you’re interested in getting one, you can apply for an invite starting now.
- The drone costs $249.99.
- Ring Alarm Pro
- Combines a Ring Alarm base station with an Eero Wi-Fi 6 router
- Can serve as an all-in-one base station for your smart home
- Supports a feature called Ring Edge, which can process video from a connected Ring camera on the Alarm Pro
- Available for pre-order starting at $250
- Virtual Security Guard
- Subscription service that lets a third-party company watch for motion events on your outdoor Ring cameras
- You can apply for “Early Access” now
- Ring Video Doorbells are finally getting the ability to alert you about a package.
- Ring Jobsite Security
- Security system designed for construction sites
- Partnership with Home Depot
- Can be pre-ordered for $400
- Three new Blink products
- Blink Video Doorbell, which costs $49.99
- Blink Floodlight Camera mount, which starts at $39.99
- Blink Solar Panel Mount, which costs $129.98 and comes bundled with a Blink Outdoor security camera
- Amazon’s new Alexa Together remote care subscription service will replace the free Alexa Care Hub in 2022
- Adds new features like compatibility with fall detection services
- Alexa Together will cost $19.99 per month, and you can try it for free for six months.
- If you’re a current Care Hub subscriber, you’ll get a year of Alexa Together for free.
- Amazon’s new Custom Sound Detection will let users teach Alexa custom sounds, which could be useful to let you set smart home routines or trigger alerts.